By Bill Fane, David Byrnes
Find your approach round AutoCAD 2014 with this full-color, For Dummies guide!
Put away that pencil and paper and begin placing the facility of AutoCAD 2014 to paintings on your CAD tasks and designs. From constructing your drawing setting to utilizing textual content, dimensions, hatching, and extra, this consultant walks you thru AutoCAD fundamentals and gives you with a fantastic knowing of the most recent CAD instruments and methods. You’ll additionally enjoy the full-color illustrations that replicate precisely what you’ll see in your AutoCAD 2014 display and spotlight the significance of AutoCAD’s version view, which indicates diversified line weights for printing in several colors.
- Covers the most recent AutoCAD positive factors and methods, together with making a simple format, navigating the AutoCAD 2014 interface, drawing and enhancing, operating with dimensions, plotting, including textual content, utilizing blocks, and more
- Shows you ways to make the easiest use of colour on your AutoCAD designs, benefit from the AutoCAD DesignCenter, and exhibit your paintings to strength consumers and customers
- Includes sensible recommendation and tips on real-world equipment and information utilized by architects, engineers, and different CAD execs to create compelling 3D types and precise technical drawings
You’ll speedy wake up to hurry on all AutoCAD has to provide with AutoCAD 2014 For Dummies on your toolbox.
Read or Download AutoCAD 2014 For Dummies PDF
Best drafting & presentation books
A brand new paradigm in facility managementThis detailed, just-in-time source from occupation chief Eric Teicholz empowers you to make your facility state-of-the-art. Facility layout and administration guide beneficial properties the productiveness instruments, applied sciences, and stratagems that experience revolutionized the sector within the final 5 years.
Getting to know AutoCAD 2008 and AutoCAD LT 2008 bargains a distinct combination of instructional and reference that incorporates every little thing you must start and remain forward with AutoCAD. instead of simply displaying you ways every one command works, this publication exhibits you AutoCAD 2008 within the context of a significant job. you are going to use instructions whereas engaged on a precise venture and progressing towards a aim.
* Why are structures particular the best way they're? * Why do architects and engineers appear to come to an identical type of ideas to their detailing difficulties? * Are we happy with this kind of scenario? With environmental matters so excessive on designers' agendas, the reply to this 3rd query needs to be 'no'.
The publication presents an in depth photograph of the present paintings during this rising important box - image layout in structure. Many major layout enterprises contributed their tasks within the ebook.
- Film Remakes, 1st Edition
- Designing a Place Called Home: Reordering the Suburbs
- Made by Robots: Challenging Architecture at a Larger Scale (Architectural Design)
- Stadia A Design and Development Guide
- Architecture And Polyphony: Building In The Islamic World Today
- Engineering Drawing and Design, Edition: 7th ed
Additional info for AutoCAD 2014 For Dummies
A printer or plotter and a connection to the Internet are helpful, too. You also need to know how to use your version of Windows to copy and delete files, create a folder, and find a file. You need to know how to use a mouse to select (highlight) or to choose (activate) commands, how to close a window, and how to minimize and maximize windows. You should be familiar with the basics of your operating system before you start using AutoCAD. Late in 2010, Autodesk released the first non–Microsoft Windows version of AutoCAD in 20 years.
You can apply geometric or dimensional parameters or constraints (rules of behavior) to drawing objects so that, say, two circles are always equal diameters or the length of a rectangle is always twice its width. We introduce parametric drawing in Chapter 19. AutoCAD LT is limited when it comes to parametrics. You can modify or delete existing constraints, but you need the full version of AutoCAD to create them. View: Contains tools and panels for controlling drawing display, working with viewports, loading various palettes, and organizing Windows functions, such as cascading open files or displaying different parts of the application window.
Any location on a drawing can be identified by its horizontal distance from the origin, followed by its vertical distance from the same starting point. AutoCAD shows Cartesian coordinates as a pair of numbers separated by a comma. The number to the left of the comma is the X (horizontal) coordinate, and the value to the right is the Y (vertical) coordinate. When working in three dimensions (see Chapter 21), you add a third coordinate: Z. The Importance of Being DWG To take full advantage of AutoCAD in your work environment, be aware of the DWG file format — the format in which AutoCAD saves drawings.