By Amit Schejter
During this booklet, 16 major communications coverage students current a complete telecommunications coverage time table for the recent federal management. The articles handle a number themes, together with community neutrality, rural connectivity, media possession, minority possession, spectrum coverage, common broadband coverage, and media for kids.
Read Online or Download And Communications for All: A Policy Agenda for the New Administration PDF
Similar social policy books
During this publication, 16 prime communications coverage students current a accomplished telecommunications coverage schedule for the hot federal management. The articles deal with quite a number issues, together with community neutrality, rural connectivity, media possession, minority possession, spectrum coverage, common broadband coverage, and media for kids.
Proof as opposed to Politics appears to be like at a contentious region of united kingdom felony justice and drug coverage making. in accordance with unique examine and proposing new arguments approximately coverage making techniques, the publication contributes to the talk approximately coverage making, specially hugely politicized concerns. It takes as its place to begin the inspiration that facts is a tough thought and that there are consistently various principles approximately what should still count number as proof in any given context, in addition to the frequent confrontation over the position proof performs in coverage making.
Everywhere in the Western international gaps among wealthy and bad are widening—or the headlines say. not anyone has performed extra to unfold this view than the French monetary historian Thomas Piketty, whose best-selling quantity, Capital within the 20th Century, not just files the method yet represents one lengthy demand lowering the gaps in an effort to create a extra equivalent society.
This e-book bargains a comparative research of the exact stories of the Peruvian and Bolivian cocaleros as political actors. In doing so, it illustrates how coca, an across the world criminalzsed solid, affected the trail and consequence of cocalero political empowerment in every one case.
- Landscapes of Voluntarism: New Spaces of Health, Welfare and Governance (Policy Press Publications (All Titles as Published))
- Multidimensional Poverty Measurement: Concepts and Applications (Economic Studies in Inequality, Social Exclusion and Well-Being)
- Overcoming the Persistence of Inequality and Poverty
- Social Capital: A Multifaceted Perspective
- Optimal Economic Growth and Non-Stable Population (Studies in Contemporary Economics)
- Public Policy Analysis
Additional resources for And Communications for All: A Policy Agenda for the New Administration
27. S. entry into World War II when radio set production fell to a minimum. Series H 878-893, R 93-105, R 1-12 (1975). Historical statistics of the United States, colonial times to 1970 Washington, DC: GPO. Broadband, Internet, and Universal Service 27 28. Cross, An All-Consuming Century; Jorge Reina Schement, “Three for Society: Households and Media in the Creation of 21st Century Communities,” Center: Architecture and Design in America 11 (1999): 75–86; and Gary A. Steiner, The People Look at Television: A Study of Audience Attitudes (New York: Knopf, 1963).
A country of more than one hundred million households challenges simple notions of access, as the following recent examples illustrate. Trends in Internet and Home Broadband Adoption Americans have a history of intense flirtations with household information technologies. S. 28 Likewise, since the worldwide web (WWW) was launched, American households have been connecting to the Internet at an accelerated rate. Internet use among adults— irrespective of connection speed or point of access—rose from 14 percent in 1996 to just over 70 percent by the end of 2006.
On the other hand, while it took a relatively long time for 10 percent of the population to adopt VCRs and color television, going from there to 50 percent happened quite rapidly, because these technologies enhanced an existing home technology, and thus built on an established base of users. Broadband Internet has similar characteristics in that it builds on a base of users with home Internet access and personal computers. In the early part of this decade, Pew Internet and American Life Project surveys showed that about 80 percent of Internet users had home access with the remaining 20 percent having access elsewhere.